The Board of Directors of the Fernando Award Foundation is pleased to announce 14 nominees for this year’s awards program honoring volunteer service in the greater San Fernando Valley. One of these nominees will be the recipient of this year’s Fernando Award exemplifying outstanding service to the community.
“This year’s nominees are a reflection of the types of community and business leaders who serve the greater San Fernando region,” said Fernando Award Foundation Board Chair Pegi Matsuda.
The 14 nominees are:
– John Ciccarelli, owner of the Kirby Company of the San Fernando Valley, nominated by Granada Hills Chamber of Commerce.
– Armida Colmenares-Stafford, First Vice President/Senior Relationship Manager, Pacific Premier Bank, nominated by the United Chambers of Commerce and Carmen Bowen.
– Diana Duenas, Office Manager, The Gelb Group, nominated by Diana Sanchez and Encino Chamber of Commerce.
– Steve Fazio, President & CEO of Fazio Cleaners & Laundry, nominated by Los Angeles Police Department Valley Bureau Foundation, Matthew Rinnert and Brandon Boeckmann..
– Kathy McIntyre, Senior Client Advisor, CMTC, nominated by Valley Economic Alliance and Kim Manss.
– Saul Mejia, CEO, Panorama Chamber of Commerce, nominated by Ida Alaimo and Vida Ghaffari.
– Sandy Rosenholz, CEO of Senior Resources, Inc., nominated by Rotary Club of Woodland Hills and Dale Surowitz.
– Tammy Scher, Owner of Forgotten Treasurz, nominated by the Kiwanis Club/Entertainment Industry Group and the Sherman Oaks Chamber of Commerce.
– Kevin Tamaki, Principal, Tamaki Consulting, nominated by VICA and Matthew Swearman.
– David Tuckman, U.S. Federal Officer, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, nominated by Ali Tuckman and Jeremy Sonenschein
– Sharon Udkoff, Sharon Udkoff, CPA, nominated by Los Angeles Jewish Health, Los Angeles Valley College and Martin Cooper.
– Donald Weissman, Attorney, Weissman Law Firm, nominated by Jane Skeeter.
– Mel Wilson, Realtor, Mel Wilson & Associates, nominated by Bob Khalsa, Lee Kanon Alpert and Rich Pisani.
– Dennis Zine, Retired, nominated by West Valley/Warner Center Chamber of Commerce, New Directions for Youth and Rickey Gelb.
Five finalists will be chosen from the 14 and announced in September. For more information on the award, past winners and the November 3, 2023 gala to announce the winner visit fernandoaward.org.